oase.surf - surfers world

Zurück   [oaseforum.de] > Hauptbereich > Kitesurfen

Kitesurfen Achtung: Bitte Vorgaben beachten!

Antwort    « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »  

Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 13.03.2008, 16:46   #1
Tobias
Kite-School-Tours.de

Standard Interessante Hintergründe von Mat Pendle GK

Habe auf dem Kiteforum im Chickenloopthread folgendes interessantes Posting gefunden mit Interessante Hintergründen von und zu Mat Pendle GK.

As you see I have been doing some small modification on the QR, making it transparent, so it's much better to understand the simple pin system inside, and check that every thing is fine.
I have eliminated the holes and pins, just added a line to reposition if needed, and a safe line.
We are also using new fiberglass/nylon material, and I personally do the quality control on each T shape part (C6) hanging 320kg for a few seconds.

As you can see on the video I made, you release by pulling all directions, and you click in very fast.
I think these two points are very important for safety, you don't want to think about what direction to pull to get rid of the kite, and want to get going again fast, you don't want to spend time messing around with you QR, you just want to click and go.

We have sent out the first upgrade kits to distributors, and the feedback is good.
From now on all kites shipped from factory are with the new transparent updated QR.

As usual on this thread, some will find negative things to say, these are the same people who 10 years ago where saying that kiteboarding will never work, for sure at the time we could not go upwind, we had almost no safety, we had 2 lines 0% depower, good thing we didn't listen to them, we would still be windsurfing, or just doing nothing.

Kiteboarding for me is a huge experience, it started 1996, I was in Maui producing windsurf video mags, Manu Bertin came to me and asked me if I could film him with his kite, he was a little depressed, finding the struggle to hard to get interest, Neil Pryde, that where producing the first inflatable sample kites had just abandoned the project.

From that time I did the first Wipika user guide, and never stopped.

Today I still want to continue and go froward with innovating ideas, this is what motivates me, for sure it would be easier some times to just follow, and just do marketing.

For sure it takes time to bring new ideas to the market, for example the Sonic, I only put it on the market in 06, but I did the first sample kite with the sonic KPO bridle in 03, see the patent that explains the idea : http://v3.espacenet.com/textdoc?DB=E...=FR2850355&F=0

At the time nobody would of accepted bridles like we use today, so I made a small KPO bridle, that I put on all the GK kites at the time, not every one understood the importance, but look today how many brands use it.
When the Crossbow came out, people where ready for some change and would accept bridles, when I saw the amount of bridles and bar pressure on the Crossbow, I thought it was time to release the Sonic, it was 80% done since years, my solution had minimum bridle huge depower, and low bar pressure, some times to low, this is why I looked for a solution for an easy control of the bar pressure, so I found a solution with the A-KPO.

All this to say that we have some incredible toys, giving us a lot fun on the water, who would of imagined 10 years ago, what we have today, we all need to keep our minds open to the future, so looking forward for your "constructive" feedback.

Wind is back in Mauritius
Speak soon

Mat
Tobias ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 13.03.2008, 16:55   #2
MST
was weis ich...

Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von Tobias Beitrag anzeigen
release the Sonic, it was 80% done since years,
Naja das kann man hinterher ja immer behaupten.... außerdem funktioniert die KPO Briddle ja anderst als eine Waage an einem Bowkite...

MST
MST ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten

Antwort