oase.surf - surfers world

Zurück   [oaseforum.de] > Hauptbereich > Wingfoilen - Das Wingforum

Wingfoilen - Das Wingforum Rund um Wingfoilen, Wingsurfen, Wingen, Wings, Wingding usw.

Antwort    « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »  

Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 15.01.2023, 08:57   #1
fishman
Benutzer

Standard Comparing apples to apples

One Brand's "meter" appears to be very different in size than other brands, for the same size wing.

My 5m Duotone V1 Slick, is the same size as my 6m Cabrinha X3.

The 4m Cabrinha X3, and 4m Takoon v1, are just about the same size.

I'm interested in getting F-one or Kauper-xt Tyron wings, and I wanted to know if anyone knows which brand are these brands are closer in size to? Thanks
fishman ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 15.01.2023, 10:38   #2
Rainer Kauper
KAUPER XT

Standard

During the development process I had a F-One Strike V1 in 5m to compare with my Tyron wing prototypes. I can say that the wings are more or less the same size when lying flat on the beach without being inflated.

Ciao

Rainer Kauper
----------------
https://www.kauper-xt.com
Rainer Kauper ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 15.01.2023, 15:18   #3
fishman
Benutzer

Standard

Thank you Rainer.
Very helpful info. I think the fone was closer to my Slick reference than the x3.
Alt 17.01.2023, 10:21   #4
fs-kiter
Benutzer

fs-kiter eine Nachricht über ICQ schicken
Standard

I've a friend whos riding Doutone and I ride Cabrinha kites. With the introduction of the Doutone/North Neo for waves some more years ago and the super lightwind performance we could see by comparing the kites that the neo was always bigger from the named size as the Cabrinha drifter in the same size.

So we think that Doutone always give a little bit more material and writes smaller number on kites and as you figured out also wings.
That's marketing
fs-kiter ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 17.01.2023, 16:38   #5
fishman
Benutzer

Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von fs-kiter Beitrag anzeigen
I've a friend whos riding Doutone and I ride Cabrinha kites. With the introduction of the Doutone/North Neo for waves some more years ago and the super lightwind performance we could see by comparing the kites that the neo was always bigger from the named size as the Cabrinha drifter in the same size.

So we think that Doutone always give a little bit more material and writes smaller number on kites and as you figured out also wings.
That's marketing
You are likely correct. It would just be nice to have clarity as to what size we are buying. I bought a Cabrinha 6m to fit between my Duotone Slick 7m and 5m but ended up with 2 of the same size. A list of brands, and a single reference size/brand and how other brand's sizes compare would be nice. Example, If Duotone was the reference, then the Cabrinha is -1.0m and Takoon is -0.9m, and maybe F-one is -0.3... I honestly don't understand how oversized, or undersized, is good marketing. Maybe in the biggest sizes someone might say, "X brand 7m is more powerful Y brand 7m". But in the smaller sizes, the same person might complain that "X brand's 4m doesn't have the top end speed that Y brand's 4m does", and likely be considered a negative.

Antwort