oase.surf - surfers world

Zurück   [oaseforum.de] > News / Marktplatz > News - von Herstellern, Shops, ...

News - von Herstellern, Shops, ... Achtung Anbieter: Meldet euch beim Betreiber an und werdet SELBST aktiv!

Antwort    « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »  

Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 08.01.2010, 18:12   #1
Wolle's
supcoach-fl.de

Standard Airush Sector: neue Boardklasse?

Auf seabreeze.com.au gibt es einen ersten Testbericht zum neuen Airush Sector:

Und hier der Testbericht

My Comments:

In the words of Monty Python, "And now for something completely different...."

I'm going to ask you all to put your preconceptions and past experiences aside whilst I talk about this new board from Airush. It's a new concept in riding and so we are making a new riding style category for it. I call it a coastal freeride cruising.

The Sector 60 is a 174cm long x 60cm board which to all intents and purposes looks a lot like a windsurfing Formula board. It's short and very wide and directional. The Sector 60 is three straps like a wind surfer and has HUGE Dagger like fins in a Quad configuration.

As this board is so different to anything else on the water, you need to keep an open mind when considering it. I've been riding this board for about 4 weeks now and have had possession of it for about three weeks so have had ample time to "get a bead on it." I've raced it in 30 knots and have cruised on it in 7 knots. It's really a remarkable board and is very hard to pigeon hole it as to where it fits in.

The most fun I've had on the board is mostly coastal cruising in light to moderate breeze, as it points upwind pretty much as well as a race board, and in difference to the race board, does it very comfortably making it fun and easy to ride upwind. You can simply point upwind, clear the pack and ride alone away from the stress.

The coast and scenery glide by quickly and effortlessly as the board fairly cracks along at a good pace. Your concentration is taken mostly in finding the sweet spot as you load rail or fins to get the board as flat as possible to hit the speed spot where the board just rockets away. Remembering that if the wind is light, the water is calm and the experience is all together pleasant and borders on surreal.

The perfect day is having a couple of mates and going to Rotto (by boat), then doing a circumnavigation of Rottnest on the Sectors. You can explore bays, race, cruise and have a great time in light winds being the only people out, riding in places no one else can get to due to the lack of upwind ability of normal boards.

Downwinders are almost getting crowded nowadays when you can start off doing an upwinder for several kilometers and then riding back downwind again, saving the need to hide pumps, organise cars and keep keys dry etc.

The ride is easy to cruise effortlessly at speed and they point highly into the wind, fast and comfortable downwind, and they are competitive in a good breeze against a race board too. I took a 2nd place on a Sector 60 in 25-30 knots and wild chop! Incredible light wind ability and just fun! With thier width, they are easy to gybe or even tack which brings with it a new realm of challenges.

Cast off your preconceived ideas and come and take one for a demo. We have a Sector 60 available all the time at Pinnaroo at the Truck. Especially good on those 10-12 knot days where you can be powered up and smiling whilst others don't bother even coming to the beach. It's not adrenaline kitelooping kind of fun, it's more mellow and allows you to ride in winds you've never ridden in and therefore don't understand the draw to lighter wind kiting.

Like I said, great fun and worth a demo. I think they'll be a big hit, especially if you take the time for a demo.

Cheers,

KH

und hier geht es zu dem Thread:

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/t...chTerms=sector

Geändert von Wolle's (14.02.2010 um 17:13 Uhr)
Wolle's ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 25.01.2010, 20:59   #2
waterman120
Benutzer

Standard

Aloha Wolle,

das Brettchen erinnert mich ein bisschen an den Starboard Formula Shape, der ja bekannter Massen richtig gut läuft und viele Hersteller zur Nachahmung animiert hat -- geile Schnitte, die mir in der 60 cm Breite - Variante am Baggersee schon recht früh Spaß bringen könnte...

Hast Du ne Ahnung wann die Dinger nach Dland kommen und wieviele Banken man dafür überfallen muss - oder besser gesagt wieviele Monde muss ein ehrlicher user arbeiten...

Oder bleibt das Teil den Race-Profis vorbehalten??

Gruß Michel
waterman120 ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 26.01.2010, 08:30   #3
Wolle's
supcoach-fl.de

Standard

Moin Michel,

bestellt ist das Sector, aber bis es in Deutschland ist, wird es noch etwas dauern. Ich schätze mal Ende März ist realistisch.

Den Preis kann ich Dir noch nicht genau sagen, warte mal ab, bis die Boot zu Ende ist.
Das Board ist eben gerade nicht für die Racer, jedenfalls nicht für die Wettbewerbsfahrer. Ich finde, dass es in dem Testbericht ganz gut rüber kommt. Bei wenig Wind rumcruisen, upwind dahin fahren, wo man sonst nicht hinkommt, Downwind die Höhe wieder verballern, gelegentlich ein Rennen mit seinen Kumpels liefern, bißchen rumtricksen usw.
Ich finde das hört sich total ansprechend an, gerade für die Tage im Sommer, wenn der Wind wieder mal gerade so an der Grenze ist.

Muss ich unbedingt ausprobieren, ich freu mich schon daruf.
Wolle's ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 13.04.2010, 18:40   #4
waterman120
Benutzer

Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von Wolle's Beitrag anzeigen

Muss ich unbedingt ausprobieren, ich freu mich schon daruf.
So, dann isses wohl diese Woche so weit. Freu mich schon auf das Brettchen... in der Hoffnung, dass es mich wirklich bei wenig Wind aufs Wasser bringt.

Gruß Michel
waterman120 ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 02.06.2010, 19:48   #5
AndiLA
Bodensee

Standard

gibts noch jemand, der seine fahreindrücke schildern kann? spannendes konzept, auf alle fälle.
danke.
AndiLA ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 02.06.2010, 20:05   #6
Flyalex
Gast

Standard

habe auch großes interesse.
Antwort