oase.surf - surfers world

Zurück   [oaseforum.de] > Spezielles > Reisen und Spots

Reisen und Spots Rund um die Themen Reisen und Spots.

Antwort    « Vorheriges Thema | Nächstes Thema »  

Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 30.07.2005, 03:13   #1
iran
Benutzer

iran eine Nachricht über AIM schicken
Standard weather in Cumbuco BRAZIL July 05

Tuesday at 11h ESE, 16-23 kts, gusty and choppy, at 13h down to 14-18 kts and at 16h, up to 16-20 kts, a bit less until dark.
Wednesday starting SE, turning ESE at 12h, and 18-22 kts, at 13h 30, 16-20 kts, down to 14 kts at 15h and up to 14-17 kts until dark.
Thursday starting SE but turning E at 11h, 16-20 kts, quite choppy, at 14h between 14 and 18 kts, high tide from 11h, at 16h 30 and until dark between 12 and 15 kts, no beach action, sometimes two kiters in front of Jack's and some British newcomers in Golfinho, together with a Dutch kiter and his family, down towards Eco sometimes a couple of kites, sometimes just empty, for the rest, as much people as April or May.
Friday starting ESE at 11h, 18-22 kts, after a while between 20-25 kts, gusty and choppy, at 15h, 16-20 kts and after 17h barely 12 kts, it seem the hordes (as somebody mentioned) are to arrive in August.
Greetings Robert, the Oil plant in Pecem is yet to be decided, as besides the Ceara state, Pernambuco and Alagoas states also have applied for it, I don't think it will be built here, anyway, what is going to be built here for sure is some hotel resorts but starting at the end of 2006.
How much will affect the area is yet to be seen but at least will bring some job opportunities, which are much needed here, the only problem about it, I don't think is that most of this money as it will be foreign investment, will be sent abroad (or better said, paid in the countries abroad on the resort owner's bank accounts), I think the main problem resides in the fact that as the local communities are unprepared to execute any kind of job regarding services to the tourism, except for a few of them, the most part of people living in our area, that is Tabuba and Cumbuco, will not take profit of this chances, just people from Fortaleza, which are certainly much better prepared to occupy such job opportinities.
There's a Project of Social Work from Caucaia Prefeitura and the Association of Tourism and Bussines of Cumbuco, in which I am fully involved as I am active part, by sponsoring with my own means and constructing what will be the building to gather one of the social bases where some of this school programs will be imparted and offered to the Icarai-Caucaia-Tabuba-Cumbuco local dwellers, but I am afraid the results will not fully reach the final goal what they could, or should do, but at least a part of it. (sorry to sound not so positive about it as I would like to)
This is mainly because there's a lot of people living in our areas who whether they've never thought about changing their basic ways of survival (casting fishing nets on the local lagunes, Icarai and Cauipe, becoming "caseiros" and taking care of somebody's property or just colecting glass, plastic bottles paper and discarded things along the road), or because they've got used to look for their living by just offering their services as local guides, bugueros or renting horses and donkeys to the one day visitors from Fortaleza, which in fact provides them more than twice the money a salary worker is offered for a month time.
However... let's hope for the best.
Thanks again for your support. Cheers. CRIS

Saturday starting SE, until 13h, nothing to do but watch, after that, turning E, 14-16 kts, slowing down to 11-16 kts at 14h 30 and turning ESE at 15h 30 and up to 14-17 kts until dark.
Sunday again SE until 13h that turned ESE, first 16-20 kts, one hour after 14-18 kts and even down to 12-14 kts at 15h, it was so boring to be just on my own, nobody else kiting anywhere the whole day that I gave a try to my old forgotten mosquito Windtools, with 40 mts lines and a surf board and... no problem! Planning and upwind as a rocket!
Funny to go back in the past to the early days style, so slow that thing and steering as a mad but anything better than just seat on the beach bar and complain.
Monday, SE until 12h, then ESE, finally some real wind! 18-24 kts on the gust, not too choppy nor gusty, at 14h down to 16-20 kts and a bit less until dark, the waves in low tide, just as the wind turned, on the outside reefs towards Tabuba were quite ok. chances to do turns and carves and good flat water ramps once the wave has past to try jumps.
Tuesday at 11h, ESE, starting 16-20 kts and up to 25 kts in the gust after half hour, the most powered day in weeks since I can remember on my 12.8 ADVANCE. Good jumps and the water not too choppy (low tide), the only thing... all by myself on the water until 15h, that the first and only 2 kites got to the water, probably the post effect of a night in Pirata, the forró disco on Mondays in Fortaleza.
Wednesday at 11h, ESE between 18 and 22 kts, at 13h, 20-26 kts, the gust was too much for my 12.8 so I was riding the 9 mts again!, at 16h still 18-20 kts and at 17h, 14-16 kts.
Thursday at 11h, ESE 16-20 kts, at 13h 18-24 kts and 16-18 kts until dark.
Friday at 11h ESE, 16-20 kts, at 13h, 16-24 kts, at 16h, 16-20 kts and after, slowing down to 14-16 kts until dark.
Today we had a Helfish in Golfinho!, the guy, an italian, was pumping his 11 mts when I arrived, he told me that firstly he rigged the 15 mts but the main bladder bursted (bad luck?), so, as the wind had picked by then, he decided to go with the 11 ( the only one he had left), I helped him with the launch and ... there he went! Steering energetically (actually it moved fast, I mean the kite), but mercilessly getting downwinded, I guess the guy weigthed around 75, maybe 80 kgs, well, I started rigging my 12,8 Advance and there I went on my regular kite ride upwind ( is a kind of fixation) generated originally on my early days (I have to say that I am coming from a background of 25 years windsurfing), when, in search of space just for myself to kite, instead of following the general trend of getting downwinded I focused in not just staying on my track but going upwind for quite a while, after, with the pass of the years, I still keep it, actually, since I kite in Cumbuco, mostly because instead of doing the typical downwind until Cauipe to depend on anybody to get back to Cumbuco, I prefer to do the opposite, which is to head towards Tabuba (actually the best waves and water conditions of the area) and end, sometimes in front of barraca Quacara, riding the waves on the way up and back again, or just keep upwind towards Icarai lagoon, and do the downwind after, activity this of mine, that combines the upwind tracks, on the way to the beach riding the waves, ride the flat of the lagoon and the downwind ride, which honestly said, it doesn't mean much to me.
Well, so we were, the Helfish owner getting, this time a bit more slowly downwinded, for what I could see during the first two or three tracks, while I started on my upwind track.
I don't know but something was telling me today was the day, I have my personal record in 1h 17 min, but today, as the wind had increased some couple of knots and I was almost touching the top limit of my 12.8, I was getting upwinded faster than ever.
I'm sure I could have make it in less that an hour! Honestly!.
What happened is that on what was supposed to be my last track to the lagoon, when I was heading towards the beach, there, on the outside, my harness hook, simply broke and flew away, and the kite with it!, well I had yet the kite leash, so, it wasn't too bad, there I was, one or one and half kms on the outside and ready to put in practice the self rescue, this time on myself, after explaining this procedure so many times to so many students...
So I was, on the middle of it, when all of a sudden, as if coming from behind of a cloud, the helicopter of the military police was over me making me signs to proceed to my rescue.
Five seconds considering the situation were enough for me to give them my thumb and with my best smile, indicate them that all was fine and I didn' need their services (nor the consequent picture once rescued and safely back on shore, for the newpaper Diario do Nordeste, and the adjoined report explaining how bravely they saved one more gringo's life), jokes apart, I did so because I wanted to check how long would it take for me to reach the beach by my own means and also to see how funny can be to deal with all stuff, bar, lines getting wrapped all around, board trying by all means to get away from me and above all, the kite on its especial handles on each side's tip, (barely 20-30 minutes).
Note: As the few Golfinho guests aren't familiar with somebody disappearing the other direction (upwind), the general nervousness took them to call for help. Is good to see that, though a third world country in some ways, the rescue services in this country, definitely works! 10 points score for this fellows!
Ah! one more thing, though you are sure that everything is on control, experience shows that the only thing you can be sure about is that... nothing is in control, and the most unthinkable thing can happen, just for the sake of it!.
Cheers. CRIS
www.kitefortaleza.com.br
www.kiteboardcumbuco.,com.br
iran ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 30.07.2005, 12:30   #2
Basticrow
Mr. Niceguy

Standard Soonds great

Hallo, sounds great, all your adventures in cumbuco just kidding. I will come to cumbuco at the 17th of august. Can you give me some information about the kite range i need down there? i am about 85 kilos and will arrive with an 16m 12m and 9m kites. hope this range will satisfy my.

didnt book an appartment yet, so do you think i will find some possibilities down in cumbuco?

thanx for your help and your very detailed report on the last days.

Hope to see ypu down there bastian
Basticrow ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 30.07.2005, 14:29   #3
iran
Benutzer

iran eine Nachricht über AIM schicken
Standard weather in Cumbuco BRAZIL July 05

Hi Bastian

I'm not sure if you've got my personal message, my knowledge of german language is quite limited, if you please, contact me through kiteboardcumbuco@yahoo.com
Greetings. CRIS
iran ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Antwort