Thema: Lf 2012
Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 16.07.2011, 17:18   #29
Konza
Benutzter

Standard

Ein Review aus dem seabreeze Forum
Zitat:
Review - 3 kites in the 2012 range, 2 new models: NRG & Nirvana plus the best all round kite Envy Generation III.

NRG:
Looks a very flat shape design, the NRG is the model that replaced the Havoc this year. Came with all standard features from the 2011 kites - maxflow valve, diamond wing tips, one piece canopy, 4 struts, 4 lines…… The maxflow pump has an extender this year. Not only it allows the kite to be pumped in half the normal time, one wouldn't need to bend down at all. Love it! Most important of all - no more back aches! Took out the 12m yesterday in winds 10-20kts. On launch the kite gave a solid feel of fullness and volume. The 12m this year comes with a smaller bar. With an additional pulley on the back lines, the kite launched a tad slower than I expected. A few figure of eights, I began to feel the kite. Turning is not as direct as the Envy, but it has a more smoother arc turning path. I think the additional pulley on the back lines has allowed the kite to keep its dynamics during its turns. Few more figure of eights and wow, this kite can generate some power and has good grunt! With winds barely12-13kts, determined to grab board and give it a go on water. First signing down and it gave me enough power to hop on the board. Noticed the kite seem to sit a bit further back than the Envy. The bar also has a more solid pull than the Envy, but not heavy. A very nice feel on the new bar with soft EVA grip, one piece floater and winder all built in one. Much cleaner and I would say makes it safer too. No more plastic end caps. Had to sign a kite a few times cos of marginal wind but once up on the plane, the kite just trucks along and parks stably. I was using the 2012 LFX 138 board. I weigh 83kgs so this is my light wind board, next one down from the Low Rider. First turn was a smooth arc exactly how it turned on land. A few more runs and I began to explore and experience the slower turning kite to its lower end power. Kite loop was a smooth and easy manoeuvre, and trucks the power in a constant mode. Once the wind picked up to 15/16kts, I can edge a lot harder and the kite just takes me upwind. Very impressive. Got back to shore, tried stalling the kite but just couldn't get it to fault. Drop kite and tried relaunching. Gosh, a heavier back line than the Envy, but easy as to relaunch. I like the new leader line, looks like it has been heat sealed so should have excellent life time as well as additional safety. This will be a good low wind kite and great for the bigger riders. Can't wait to try the 10m as the 2011 10m Havoc was my favourite 10m kite.

NIRVANA:
Tested the 11m on 2 different days now. This replaced the HiFi Comp. Again, similar design features as its predecessor, but has gone back to 5 struts 5 lines. How big are those wing tips!!!!! Lovely fat wing tips I know before I flew it, it's going to be extremely stable. I assume the light weight carbon battens at the wing tip helps keep the kite in shape. Woohoo, do we have a choice of settings! Wakestyle riders are going to love this one. First time we took this out 2 weeks ago, it was about 7-8kts. Not enough wind to go in the water, but we went through the kite with a toothbrush, identifying all the new features, and flew it on the beach. If I close my eyes, it feels just like the HiFi Comp, but with a wider chassis. It also has more lower end power than the HiFi Comp. No pulleys give a total direct feel and turning – you cannot get more direct feeling than this. Kite loops was a piece of cake, shape of kite stays uniformed during manoeuvre. Yesterday another team rider took it out in higher winds, so will let him write his review on this. The HiFi Comp was a high wind kite for my weight, as I could get going on the Envy earlier, but I think I will be using the Nirvana a lot more this year as it seem to have more lower end power.

Envy Generation III:
The graphics on pumping was ok, didn't make me go wow. But once the kite is in the air, the colors just shine through and glazed down. On first fly, once again it was like the first Envy – WOW! Such a nice kite to fly, forgiving, easy to fly, and Generation III Envy has only strengthened its position. Joy to fly, this is the kite I want to take to treasure island. The diamond wingtip seem to have changed a little, and turning is even faster! I love the turns and you can kite loops pivoting on the spot! Relaunch was easy as. I reckon this again will be our best seller this year – for beginners to advance riders. In my opinion, is still the best all-rounder kite around. Took the 7m to the snow last week, but conditions did not allow safe snow-kiting unfortunately. We could barely see beyond 2 meters let alone the kite at 20m away lol. Again will let Lance write his review and I'll write more when I have another go on it.

Other exciting 2012 gadgets:

SWIVEL!!!!! No more twists on the front lines! In-built on the harness to allow front lines to be untwisted. I know Julien has been working on this for years, and to date there hasn't been one that works and lasted. Hopefully, this is the one!

Maxflow Pump with Super Shaft extender! No more back pains, pumps kite in half the time! Next best to an electric pump!

Bar: fully redesigned this year. One piece EVA moulded floats and winder, no more plastics. Looks clean and safe. Soft grip, nice feel.

Impact Vests: Extremely comfort and new zip design ensures it doesn't unzip by itself easily.

Harnesses: 3D mould with rash guard protection. Very comfy and supportive. With the swivel I think this will top all harnesses again this year.

Anyone interested in view or try the new range, pop into our shop any day. We have all kites, all boards, harnesses, vests, they are all here.

Promo video can be viewed at http://vimeo.com/26478964.
Grüße,
Konstantin
www.united-ocean-sports.de
Konza ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten