Thema: GONG H Foils
Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 18.11.2022, 02:16   #110
fishman
Benutzer

Standard

Three years now and my screws have never come loose.
Every since my gear was new I've use surfboard wax on the screws. The wax (I use "warm water surf wax") in the cooler water solidify the contact between the two surfaces. It's easy to apply and not messy. I don't have to apply it very often, unless I leave my gear in the hot sun.

The only time it did not work for a friend of mine is when he tried to put it on a previously lubed screws and screw holes. The wax did not stick to the Tefgel coated surfaces. He had to clean it really well with a solvent first.

You can experiment for yourself. Put the wax on, (getting some in the hole too) then put the screw in half way. Let it cool. Then try to loosen it. It won't come easy until the friction warms up the screw, when warm the wax acts like a lubricant and it gets easy to move. I suppose it could even work with candle wax, the high melting temp of candle wax could have pros and cons.

If anybody has tried this and it did not work please let me know I'll stop recommending it.

PS, I agree the machined screw holes of some of this gear has very sloppy tolerances.
fishman ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten