Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 24.09.2020, 07:19   #43
Ventum
Benutzer

Standard

Thanks!

The bar throw is 40cm.

The arguments for choosing the current setup are as follows:

The safetyline (unlike the depowerline) is never under high tension during normal use hence has some freedom to move when the bar is sheeted out of sync with the rope and therfore, in general, wears less then a depowerline. Not using PU allows the use of a long bungee inside the cord which ensures the safetyline is under some tension and not dangle under the QR when depowering…even when fully depowering it is still tensioned.

Safety in a PU but “freely” moving in that 50cm long black tube;
1 - When a rope is moving inside a tube where water/sand can enter (which is a must in this setup) it will also wear but now its not visible with the risk that the kite is loose when the safety gets activated.
2 -If the PU is used to "auto untwist" by means of a steel plate in the center of the bar it may also wear fast just as bare ropes do on the known systems that use(d) this. For sure in 2°C when the PU gets hard or when a bearing is not working smoothly.
3 - There are too many examples where the connection knot got stuck in a PU tube on some brands. I feel more comfortable choosing another option then this at this moment.

Safety in PU but “tight"; In other words, the PU will have to move through the QR when activating safety.
1 - PU is stiff, for sure in cold temperatures. Since the depowerline is under high tension, the safety will have to be able to make some bending/corners sometimes. I feel more comfortable with a safety which for sure will be able to even move in a sharp corner if that’s the situation.

Note, for sure see and know also the positive arguments to use a PU covered depower but making up the balance with current knowledge I choose for the current setup in the Ventum Tough Bar V2 but devellopment never stops

Geändert von Ventum (25.09.2020 um 16:44 Uhr)
Ventum ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten