Thema: Boomtag
Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 15.04.2021, 07:39   #21
Ventum
Benutzer

Standard

Off course I can/want only talk for Ventum and my reasons to implement this technology.

The tag does nothing if its not used. Ventum is selling online, the tag is not collecting more data than people fill in when they purchased the gear.

If people want they can add extra information themselves like ICE data or important medical info.

On a kite that is maybe not always relevant but currently there are also trials to implement in wetsuits to, for example, allow medical teams to read tags to get medical info fast or be able to call family if people added this themselves! Again, you dont have to! There are people out there for who this maybe important.

Not all people like to have a phone number visible on their gear that anybody can see and use.

Believe it or not but forums are full of lost boards, forgotten bars and even kites after each stormy weekend and most don’t have a phone number on them.

The retail price of Ventum gear is among the lowest, conform its mission, and does not even increase this year, even though transport prices are currently almost double, material prices increased, and Asian salaries (read production costs) have increased….and the NFC is added.

Currently Ventum bars and boards don’t have a serial number. I have led a kite factory for 4-5 years and serial or batch numbers are particularly important to identify potential batch related manufacturing defects fast. Any unique serial on your gear costs money so costs are made regardless if its NFC or other.

Many people who ride Ventum feel engaged and ask for information on new releases and developments or maintenance questions. There is no newsletter subscription for Ventum atm. Via the NFC people basically can subscribe, if they want, to a personalized newsletter.

All this made me decide to implement this (new) technology.

I dont understand how calling people dumb who value something which you dont is contributing to any topic.
Ventum ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten